Psalm 7 KJV
Shiggaion of David, which he sang unto the LORD, concerning the words of Cush the Benjamite.
- O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
- Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
- O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;
- If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
- Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.
- Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.
- So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high.
- The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
- Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.
- My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
- God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
- If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
- He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
- Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
- He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.
- His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
- I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Psalm 6 KJV
To the chief Musician on Neginoth upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David.
- O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
- Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
- My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long?
- Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies’ sake.
- For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
- I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
- Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
- Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping.
- The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.
- Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.
Psalm 5 KJV
To the chief Musician upon Nehiloth, A Psalm of David.
- Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
- Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
- My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
- For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
- The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
- Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
- But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
- Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
- For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
- Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
- But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
- For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
Psalm 4 KJV
To the chief Musician on Neginoth, A Psalm of David.
- Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
- O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
- But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.
- Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
- Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.
- There be many that say, Who will show us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.
- Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.
- I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
Psalm 3 KJV
A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.
- LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.
- Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
- But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
- I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
- I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
- I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.
- Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
- Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.