Bible verses to use in time of Trouble, Hardship, Need and Discouragement.
Life comes very hard at us sometimes and discouragement seems inevitable. But I want to employ you not to be discouraged. Below are helpful Bible verses in times of trouble, need, & discouragement.
The enemy of your soul wants to see you down, don’t give him a chance. When Life circumstances come hard, remind yourself that you have victory in Christ Jesus.
If you are discouraged, please read these verses over and over again. Assure yourself of your reality in Christ Jesus.
The Bible verses below are presented in the New Living Translation (NLT) and King James Version (KJV).
Psalms 46: Bible verses that assure Victory in Tribulation, Protection & Safety
- God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.
- So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.
- Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! Interlude.
- A river brings joy to the city of our God, the sacred home of the Most High.
- God himself lives in that city; it cannot be destroyed. God will protect it at the break of day.
- The nations are in an uproar, and kingdoms crumble! God thunders, and the earth melts!
- The Lord Almighty is here among us; the God of Israel* is our fortress. Interlude.
- Come, see the glorious works of the Lord: See how he brings destruction upon the world
- and causes wars to end throughout the earth. He breaks the bow and snaps the spear in two; he burns the shields with fire.
- “Be silent, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” 11. The Lord Almighty is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress.
Verses of the Bible to Quote in Persecution, Hardship, & Trouble
- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
- Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
- He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
- Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
- (verse 6) Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
- A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
See also: Bible verses about Prayer and Faith
Still on Psalm 91: Bible verses for Protection, Deliverance & Security.
- Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
- Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
- There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
- For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
- They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
- Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
- He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
- With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.
Bible verses to Give Thanks in times of Discouragement
Psalms 136: Song of the Mercies of the Lord.
- O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- (verse 6) To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- And brought out Israel from among them: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Still on PSALMS 136: Song of thanks in times of Need, Trouble, or Anxiety.
- To him which led his people through the wilderness: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- To him which smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- Sihon king of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- And gave their land for an heritage: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever:
- And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.
The Lord: A present help in times of Trouble – Psalms 121
A song for the ascent to Jerusalem
- I look up to the mountains— does my help come from there?
- My help comes from the Lord, who made the heavens and the earth!
- He will not let you stumble and fall; the one who watches over you will not sleep.
- Indeed, he who watches over Israel never tires and never sleeps.
- The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
- The sun will not hurt you by day, nor the moon at night.
- The Lord keeps you from all evil and preserves your life.
- The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.
Psalms 125: Bible verses for Protection in Trouble & Insecurity
- Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion; they will not be defeated but will endure forever.
- Just as the mountains surround and protect Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds and protects his people, both now and forever.
- The wicked will not rule the godly, for then the godly might be forced to do wrong.
- O Lord, do good to those who are good, whose hearts are in tune with you.
- But banish those who turn to crooked ways, O Lord. Take them away with those who do evil. And let Israel have quietness and peace.
- So we praise God for the wonderful kindness he has poured out on us because we belong to his dearly loved Son.
- He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven.
- He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.
- God’s secret plan has now been revealed to us; it is a plan centered on Christ, designed long ago according to his good pleasure.
- And this is his plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ—everything in heaven and on earth.
- Furthermore, because of Christ, we have received an inheritance from God,* for he chose us from the beginning, and all things happen just as he decided long ago.
- God’s purpose was that we who were the first to trust in Christ should praise our glorious God.
- And now you also have heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago.
- The Spirit is God’s guarantee that he will give us everything he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. This is just one more reason for us to praise our glorious God.
Paul’s Prayer for Spiritual Wisdom: Bible verses as prayer for Encouragement.
- Ever since I first heard of your strong faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for Christians everywhere.
- I have never stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly.
- Asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.
- I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future he has promised to those he called. I want you to realize what a rich and glorious inheritance he has given to his people.*
- (verse 19) I pray that you will begin to understand the incredible greatness of his power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power
- that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.
- Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else in this world or in the world to come.
- And God has put all things under the authority of Christ, and he gave him this authority for the benefit of the church.
- And the church is his body; it is filled by Christ, who fills everything everywhere with his presence.
God Bless You.